Located on the northwest of Quito is the valley of Mindo, the hummingbirds’ homeland. Here, you will found many activities to do such as Canopy with 13 zip lines of different lengths up to 400 m (1312 ft. /400m) with different characteristics for tourists of all ages. If you prefer a more relaxing activity, then a trekking across the cloud forest to visit the waterfall of Mindo is the perfect option for you. In the afternoon, you may choose between visiting the chocolate factory to learn the process of cacao beans or the butterflies’ farms.
- 07:00 Departure from Restaurant Q in Plaza Foch.
- 09:30 Arrive to “El Descanso” for birdwatching.
- 11:00 Trekking the Mindo Waterfalls or Canopy.
- 13:00 Lunch in a local restaurant.
- 13:45 Visit to the chocolate factory or butterfly farm.
- 16:00 Drive back to Quito.
(Note: All times are approximate, EXCEPT starting time.)
- Trekking pants
- Trekking shoes
- Sun block
- Transportation from Quito to Mindo and way back
- Bilingual Guide
- Canopy (starting at $15)
- Chocolate Factory ($6)
- Waterfalls ($3)
- Butterflies ($5)
- Items not mentioned on the itinerary