Just 2 hours driving from of Quito is the most famous indigenous market of Ecuador: Otavalo, full of traditions and handicrafts. Before you arrived there, you will make a top in Cayambe to observe how local people prepare salty biscuits using a traditional technique. The, you will sightseen the San Pablo Lake and Imbabura Volcano (4610 m – 15164 ft). Your next stop is Otavalo where you can buy quality items for family and friends. You will fall in love with all the variety of handicrafts available. Finally, you will go to Cotacachi to have a delicious lunch and explore the leather local workshops for a great landscape ending at Cuicocha Lagoon.
- 07:00 Departure from Restaurant Q in Plaza Foch. (Reina Victoria and Foch)
- 09:30 Visit Cayambe´s biscuits factory.
- 10:30 San Pablo Lake sightseen.
- 11:00 Shopping time at Otavalo´s Market.
- 13:00 Visit Cotacachi and lunch time.
- 15:30 Arrive at Cuicocha Lagoon.
- Trekking pants
- Trekking shoes
- Sun block
- Transportation from Quito to Otavalo and way back.
- Bilingual Guide.
- Items not mentioned on the itinerary.